PDK Engineer, Expert
Location: Newport Beach, CA, USA, 92660
Company: Tower Semiconductor Ltd.
About Tower Semiconductor
Looking for a career path in the high-tech manufacturing industry? Become part of a team focused on delivering the most exciting semiconductor technology to the world! If you enjoy working with others in a fast pace environment and are looking for an opportunity to grow your career in the high-tech industry, then Tower Semiconductor is the place to be!
Tower Semiconductor is a global specialty foundry leader! We specialize in manufacturing analog integrated circuits for more than 300 customers worldwide in growing markets such as automotive, medical, industrial, consumer and aerospace and defense, among others.
Responsible for development, deployment, and support of DRC (Design Rule Checking) runsets for RF/Analog specialty technologies. Candidate will work with cross-functional teams which include PDK, process technology development, and design support. Candidate will also provide technical support to fabless design team customers.
This Job Is For You If
- You know how to code in industry standard verification formats such as Calibre
- You have a good understanding of CMOS technology and its manufacturing and electrical design rules
- You can perform highly complex work that impacts the design and marketability of Tower Semiconductor foundry technologies
- You want to impact the success of existing and future analog foundry technologies from Tower Semiconductor
- You want to be become a knowledge and solutions leader in a highly visible role in Tower Semiconductor
- Physical verification is a highly complex process that includes understanding the description and intent of documented rules, identifying potential weaknesses in those rules and guiding revisions, implementing documented rules for a variety of verification tools, and developing test cases to ensure the quality of the implementation.
- Assumes responsibility for understanding, implementation, and validation of design rules in an environment of continually changing priorities. Full discretion in implementation to documentation. Expected to work independently.
- Engineering assignments have direct financial impact on the business performance. Erroneous decisions will cause significant delays.
- Mastered scientific concepts and clear authority within the company in one or more technical areas. Mastery of computer science development principles. Leads teams to resolution of complex technical problems spanning across multiple internal departments. Primary focus is on physical verification but with an understanding of all areas of analog design.
- Regularly works with all level of employees within the company, potentially across multiple international sites. Provides technical guidance to others. Involved in developing less senior professionals by being a mentor or acting as an “idea” leader for small groups.
- Does not have management responsibilities
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer or Electrical Engineering
- Verification tools such Calibre DRC. Experience with Cadence Virtuoso is a plus
- Ability to communicate and present technical concepts and analysis in an effective manner