Equipment Engineer Intern
Location: Newport Beach, CA, USA, 92660
Company: Tower Semiconductor Ltd.
About Tower Semiconductor
Recruiting world class talent for a world class leader! Join Tower Semiconductor!
Looking for a career path in the high tech manufacturing industry? Become part of a team focused on delivering the most exciting semiconductor technology to the world! If you enjoy working with others in a fast pace environment and are looking for an opportunity to grow your career in the high tech industry then Tower Semiconductor is the place to be!
Tower Semiconductor is a global specialty foundry leader! We specialize in manufacturing analog integrated circuits for more than 300 customers worldwide in growing markets such as automotive, medical, industrial, consumer and aerospace and defense, among others.
Position Description Summary:
Main responsibilities are performing preventative maintenance and assist with repair and project activity on semiconductor assemblies and equipment. Interfaces with Equipment Engineers and area Manager/Group Leader to identify and assist in resolving equipment and process-related issues which support production. Participate in the activities assigned to them by the area engineers or managers, and work on set priorities based on production requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (will include some of the following):
- Performing Preventative Maintenance tasks, and rebuilding assemblies
- Assist in analyzing and resolving recurring maintenance problems. Perform technical servicing of semiconductor production and support equipment.
- Participate in activities to develop, document, and improve existing semiconductor equipment maintenance procedures and systems; working from procedures, blueprints, sketches, drawings, and diagrams.
- Interface with Senior Technicians and Engineers to support resolving equipment specific issues.
- Direct communication with Production Operation Team regarding tool downtime needs
- Work assignments are somewhat repetitive to moderate in nature; solve low complexity problems and assist other technicians with a variety of variables. Participate in problem solving teams.
- Work within established procedures and written or verbal instructions on a wide variety of technical, non-standardized assignments that are semi-routine in nature, where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practices and take corrective action is required.
- Demonstrate high quality work.
- Interface with all Production, Process, Facility and support functions to identify and resolve Production Equipment related issues.
- No direct management responsibilities
- Work in a fab clean-room environment
One to two years of technical experience in a high-tech manufacturing environment is desirable. Must have demonstrated working knowledge of electro-mechanical systems operations and maintenance and be able to work with minimal assistance. Basic knowledge is required of electronic theory, vacuum and pneumatics, principles of electrical circuits.
Associate of Science degree or Bachelors of Science degree in progress with an emphasis in Electronics or equivalent.