Process Engineer - HIVAC
Location: Newport Beach, CA, USA, 92660
Company: Tower Semiconductor Ltd.
About Tower Semiconductor
Recruiting World Class Talent For A World Class Leader! Join Tower Semiconductor!
Looking for a career path in the high tech manufacturing industry? Become part of a team focused on delivering the most exciting semiconductor technology to the world! If you enjoy working with others in a fast pace environment and are looking for an opportunity to grow your career in the high tech industry then Tower Semiconductor is the place to be!
Tower Semiconductor is a global specialty foundry leader! We specialize in manufacturing analog integrated circuits for more than 300 customers worldwide in growing markets such as automotive, medical, industrial, consumer and aerospace and defense, among others.
Responsible for sustaining and developing process recipes on AMAT Centura platforms for HTF Poly deposition platforms for all released semiconductor-related processes. The position would include Wafer Fab trouble shooting Bipolar and CMOS issues, monitoring key process parameters, Promis PROD and specification updates. Must provide E-test data analysis, performance failure analysis on parametric failures and low-yielding issues and provide feedback to other engineers and management to improve the manufacturing process.
This job is for you if:
- Some technical background preferred in AMAT Centura platforms for HTF Poly platforms.
- Some technical background to develop and sustain 0.35 to 0.13um RFCMOS/SIGe BiCMOS processes.
- Understanding and experience in direct application of statistical process control.
- Work closely with device, integration, and yield engineers in a matrixed organization to drive leading edge modules development, control, and improvements.
- Investigate and verify activities for both issues reported by Yield and equipment-induced process impacts
- Interface with Process Technicians to verify response to daily issues and assist with priority and held lots
- Create PROD requests as required (assist other engineers) to enhance/maintain Promis lot processing and specifications
- Create/implement improvements to existing processes such as variable DCOPs, HTF recipe optimization
- Analyze E-test data, disposition problem wafers/lots, use statistical process control techniques to improve yields, and provide corrective action recommendations to solve E-test issues
- Utilize advanced analytical tools and techniques to solve wafer fabrication problems
- Participate in teams to solve technical manufacturing problems
- Write HTF Operation procedures, specifications, and documentation
- Develop tools and techniques to improve failure analysis capability
- Analyze and recommend capital equipment requirements for analytical tool purchases
- Some oversees travel needed to support process transfer activities.
- Work assignments are moderately complex in nature; define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- To assume responsibility for a definable tool set and related projects. In addition will define and lead projects for area.
- Engineering assignments have varying financial impact on the business performance. Errors can be corrected but may cause delays.
- Knowledge of scientific concepts and expertise in one or more technical areas are required to enable more complex assignments involving some analysis and decision making in areas of technical expertise.
- Regularly works with all levels of employees within the company and external individuals. Position also provides technical guidance to others.
- Does not have management responsibilities, expect some supervision of projects.
- Normal office conditions and works in fab. Must be able to work in standard clean room fab environment.
- Some knowledge in one or both of the following: AMAT Centura platforms for HTF Poly deposition platforms.
- General knowledge of Bipolar, CMOS or other semiconductor technologies.
- Analytical problem-solving skills required as well as ability to effectively communicate technical data and findings to management and colleagues.
- Sustained ownership of day-to-day operations and mentoring technicians.
- Bachelor degree required. Advanced degree, MS, or Ph.D., in Chemistry, Materials Science or Electrical Engineering preferred.