Electrical Design Engineer, Facilties
Location: Newport Beach, CA, USA, 92660
Company: Tower Semiconductor Ltd.
About Tower Semiconductor
Looking for a career path in the high-tech manufacturing industry? Become part of a team focused on delivering the most exciting semiconductor technology to the world! If you enjoy working with others in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to grow your career in the high-tech industry, then Tower Semiconductor is the place to be.
Tower Semiconductor is a global specialty foundry leader. We specialize in manufacturing analog integrated circuits for more than 300 customers worldwide in growing markets such as automotive, medical, industrial, consumer and aerospace and defense, among others.
Working in a world class Facilities organization with talented group of Engineers, Technicians, and technical supportive management. An organization that focuses on growth, talent development, and continuous improvement. Responsible for all electrical activities design and sustaining. Provide leadership and guidance to technicians and contractors. Work with other Facilities Engineers on major projects, and the Equipment and Production groups on coordinating all needed activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Comply with The National Electric Code for all electrical designs and work. Any applicable State and local City Codes. Uniform Building Code. Safety Procedures such as Lock Out Tag Out, Electrocution Prevention, NFPA 70E Arc Flash compliance.
- Perform Electrical Power Plans, Electrical Lighting Plans, Electrical Panel Schedules, Power Distribution Single Line Diagrams, Electrical Control Schematics and Wiring Diagrams, Electrical Specialty Power Plans, (Semiconductor Tools), Toxic Gas Alarms, Schematics and Floor Plans, Installation of Remote Sensors and Communication links to Toxic Gas Monitor Cabinets, Development of Fire Alarm Plans
- All Design Drawings are completed in Auto Cad to bid to multiple Electrical contractors. Specification of Electrical Power Distribution Equipment such as Panelboards, Large Panelboards (AKA switchboards), Transformers, Industrial Circuit Breakers, Motor Control Centers, Lighting Fixtures, Electrical Receptacles, Variable Frequency Drives, Control apparatus
- Perform Equipment Power Requirements. Analyze, calculate, and specify power required for future and current equipment. Prepare specification for Electrical Power Feeders with all required Electrical Calculations
- Analyze and address any Power Quality issues
- Respond to Emergency Situation such as Partial Power Outage to Critical Equipment. Provide a back-up power for scheduled shutdown
- Support Emergency Power Generation at 480V level design, implementation, and sustaining
- Knowledge of Medium Voltage Power Grid of 12kV level. Familiar with coordination study, operation and types of Medium Voltage Circuit Breakers, and Protective Relaying.
- Support Annual Infrared (I.R.), Ultrasound (U.S.) Testing, and Substation Transformer Annual Oil Testing
- Support UPS Testing, and Partial Discharge Testing for Medium Voltage Gear
- Comply with all ISO requirements and be able to develop new ISO procedures as needed.
- Work toward achieving and exceeding assigned goals and projects
- Provide a monthly report summarizing all maintenance and project activities
- Work with a high level of autonomy according to managerial priorities
- Ability to travel to domestic and international Tower sites to provide support as needed
Assignment Complexity – Design and problem solving are primary functions and multitasking is required to coordinate other functions
Accountability/Discretion – Needs to meet all established goals and metrics by area manager, and deliver commitments on time
Working Relationships – Daily interactions with area manager, technicians, other groups, and contractors
Supervision – Work under minimum supervision. Independently develops solutions, and interacts with management and other team members on implementation, and follows escalation plans
Conditions – Very dynamic work environment with changing priorities and high urgency to respond without any delay
Working Conditions – Mainly Office, Facilities, and FAB clean-room environment. Lifting load up to 50 pounds. For load higher than 50 pounds help from other technicians and follow safety procedures will be required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in electrical design of power feeders to industrial machinery and equipment.
- In depth Electrical Circuits and Power knowledge, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Thorough knowledge of measurement instrumentations, electro-mechanical devices, and strong engineering/Technology skills is a must.
- Strong leadership and computer/Auto CAD skills are required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an Electrical Engineering discipline or equivalent work experience
Facilities electrical engineer I – Sr Staff
Pay range $85,000 – $165,000
*Tower Semiconductor encourages inquiries from talent at all levels where pay will be based on experience*