Process Engineer - Diffusion
Location: Newport Beach, CA, USA, 92660
Company: Tower Semiconductor Ltd.
About Tower Semiconductor
Recruiting World Class Talent For A World Class Leader! Join Tower Semiconductor!
Looking for a career path in the high tech manufacturing industry? Become part of a team focused on delivering the most exciting semiconductor technology to the world! If you enjoy working with others in a fast pace environment and are looking for an opportunity to grow your career in the high tech industry then Tower Semiconductor is the place to be!
Tower Semiconductor is a global specialty foundry leader! We specialize in manufacturing analog integrated circuits for more than 300 customers worldwide in growing markets such as automotive, medical, industrial, consumer and aerospace and defense, among others.
Tower Semiconductor is searching for a recent engineering/science Masters graduate to be assigned to the diffusion area as a process engineer to support sustaining, area improvements, process transfers, and development in a high volume manufacturing fab located in Newport Beach, CA.
The Tower Semiconductor fab in Newport Beach is a growing manufacturing site, delivering specialty electronic devices for a wide range of applications with high quality, low cost, and excellent cycle times. A qualified candidate will be self-motivated, have strong technical and analytical skills, and posses a practical, hands-on approach to engineering problems.
This Job Is For You If
- Take ownership of the processes assigned and establish the direction for improvements, sustaining, and overall operation.
- Work closely with process and integration engineers to improve process metrics, such as SPC, yield, parametrics, and defects, as well as to achieve first-pass success of technology transfers.
- Selection and qualification of semiconductor processing tools.
- Monitor fab metrics with statistical process control (SPC).
- Root cause investigation of discrepant material. Implement yield and defect improvement projects.
- Write operating specifications and provide technical training to wafer fab personnel.
- Work with equipment engineering to improve uptime, tool utilization, and flexibility.
- Troubleshoot process and tool excursions.
- Identify cost savings opportunities and drive projects to reduce overall costs.
- Implement advanced process control to improve Cpk at critical levels.
- Ensure matching of newly installed equipment to support production ramp.
- Develop new semiconductor manufacturing processes using design of experiments (DOE).
- Harden fault detection and classification (FDC) strategy in the areas of responsibility.
- Masters degree, preferably in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or Physics.
- Minimum 3 years of hands on diffusion experience.
- Demonstrated above average academic performance.
- Highly desirable coursework includes semiconductor processing technology, device physics, and statistics.
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience with semiconductor fabrication tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidate must be able to communicate with audiences at any technical level.
- Must be a self-starter, dependable and highly motivated.
- Ability to work and communicate with equipment engineering to improve the area.
- Strong problem solving and data analysis skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- This position requires an adaptable, detail oriented practical thinker and problem solver who is a quick learner and who has the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Process Engineer Sr. Diffusion: Sr- Sr 2
Pay range $110,000 - $144K
*Tower Semiconductor encourages inquiries from talent at all levels where pay will be based on experience